One of the most important problems with the widespread use of computing systems and computer information processing systems is the problem of information security. In November 1997, a department “Information Security of Telecommunication Systems (IBTS)” was created at SPbSUT to train specialists on information security and communication systems. Later, the department was renamed “Secure Communication Systems”. The creator of the department was Dr. V.P. Prosikhin. Since October 8, 2015, the department is headed by Ph.D., Assoc. A.V. Krasov.
The Department of ZSS is a graduate in 3 areas of training for bachelors and engineers:
- 10.03.01 «Information Security» (4-5 groups);
- 11.03.02 «Infocommunication technologies and communication systems» according to the profile «Secured communication systems and networks» (2 groups);
- 43.03.01 «Service» with the profile «Security Systems Service» (1 group);
- 10.05.02 «Information security of telecommunication systems», specialization N 12 «Security of telecommunication systems of information interaction»
at the next level of training, the department implements master’s programs:
- 10.04.01 «Information Security», master’s program recognized by the European Union (Educating the Next generation experts in Cyber Security: the new EU-recognized Master’s program ENGENSEC (2 группы);
- 11.04.02 «Infocommunication technologies and communication systems» according to the profile «Secured communication systems and networks» (1 group).
according to the programs of training highly qualified personnel (graduate school), the department provides training in the field of training scientific personnel:
- 10.06.01 Information Security, focus 05.13.19 – Methods and systems of information protection, information security